24 York Street
As part of the major redevelopment of George Place in 2016, RM Watson was engaged by ISPT to undertake a comprehensive facade remediation scope to all three towers on the site, including 24 York Street. Following the initial facade remediation scope RM Watson has returned on several occasions to undertake various repair and maintenance, most recently in 2021.
24 York Street is one of Sydney’s last remaining former warehouses with surviving cast iron structures and original sandstone façade. RM Watson has been responsible for delivering various works to help conserve the site over the last five years.
The team were initially engaged to repair the façade and windows of the historic site. However since then have completed a number of additional projects including:
- Full facade scaffold access and bespoke monorail system over the parapet to enable hoisting replacement stones.
- The replacement of missing and heavily deteriorated stone finials and previously repaired stone.
- Redressing and repointing of stone façade.
- Installation of lead weatherings.
- Retooling of original sandstone of faced and replacement of lead flashings
George Place – 345 George Street, 363 George Street & 24 York Street, Sydney