UTS Building 4
RM Watson was commissioned by the University of Technology Sydney to carry out façade repair works to Building 4 of the Ultimo Campus. Scope of works completed across the project included:
- 1,200 litres of external concrete repairs
- Removal and replacement of 700m2 failed brick spandrel panels.
- Repair of main concrete structural frame
- Removal and replacement of façade render
- Removal, corrosion treatment and reinstallation of façade louvres
Works were undertaken on a fully operational educational facility on two facades concurrently, one being Thomas Street, Ultimo, the other over Alumni Green which is one of the main thoroughfares of UTS. Access was via street hoarding and fixed scaffold to maintain access to and around the building while maintaining occupant safety.
The working hours, especially noisy works, were negotiated and set with the building occupants at the commencement of the project. This minimised programme delays and reduced the impact of works on building tenants.
University of Technology, Sydney
5 Thomas Street, Ultimo